In my Trucksville, PA dental office, I administer IV sedation to keep patients comfortably sedated. Perhaps you’re familiar with IV sedation but don’t know if it’s right for you. These are just a few reasons that dental patients seek IV sedation:
- Discomfort in a dental office (from sounds, smells, etc.)
- Dental fear or anxiety
- Fear of pain
- Embarrassment or anxiety caused by years of non-treatment
- Trouble becoming numb from anesthetic
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Tooth sensitivity
- Strong gag reflex
- Jaw soreness (from keeping it open or TMJ disorder)
- Discomfort from sitting in a dental chair
- Desire to have little or no memory of a dental procedure
- Limited time for extensive dental work
If you’re worried about the safety of IV sedation, rest assured. The method is reversible, and you will never completely fall asleep during IV sedation. A trained member of my team and I will be with you throughout the procedure, monitoring your vital signs and checking on your comfort level. I am specially certified to administer dental IV sedation and have years of experience, so you can feel confident in my abilities.
To learn more about IV sedation, call Back Mountain Dental today at 570-763-4360 for a consultation or appointment. I’m Dr. James DeFinnis and I offer state-of-the-art sedation dentistry for patients in Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Trucksville, and surrounding areas.