Let’s face it: Everyone loves a good top 10 list (especially David Letterman), so how about apply one to your dental care?
While the following list may not be the top 10 reasons why people need sedation dentistry, they are 10 very good reasons why sedation dentistry is helpful and effective for so many patients.
10. Sedation is a safe and effective way of relieving the fear and anxiety associated with going to the dentist.
9. Dentists have used sedation medications for many years to relieve fear and apprehensions associated with dental appointments.
8. Sedation dentistry works well for most patients, allowing them to relax and have little to no memory of their dental procedure.
7. Oral sedation dentistry is easy. Under direction of Dr. James DeFinnis, simply take a pill prior to your appointment.
6. Some patients are so relaxed that they sleep right through their dental appointment, which helps you feel refreshed rather than exhausted following your dental work.
5. Sedation keeps patients so relaxed and comfortable that a large amount of treatment can be accomplished in a single appointment, cutting down on total treatment time and the number of office visits necessary.
4. Patients who don’t respond well to numbing are often helped by oral sedation.
3. A phobia of anything involved in the dental process (smells, sights, tools, noises, etc.) can be addressed with sedation dentistry.
2. Patients who have difficulty controlling movements, or those with special needs, are often helped by sedation dentistry.
1. Dr. DeFinnis can complete more dental treatment of higher quality in a shorter time period on a patient that is still and fully relaxed.
Going to the dentist regularly is crucial to maintaining oral health, so don’t let your fear keep you from getting the care you need. Call Back Mountain Dental, located in Trucksville, Pennsylvania, at (570) 763-4360 to reserve an appointment with Dr. DeFinnis.