Do you get nervous about going to the dentist?
Do you avoid going to the dentist because of that nervousness?
Do you get anxious when you’re in a dentist’s office?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then IV sedation might be the solution for you. Dr. James DeFinnis offers patients who have dental phobia the opportunity to experience dentistry with total peace of mind and body, in a safe and comfortable environment.
Dr. DeFinnis uses a sedation technique called intravenous (IV) sedation. This technique allows patients to be comfortably sedated throughout the entire appointment. IV sedation is safe and efficient, and Dr. DeFinnis is one of the few general dentist who offers IV sedation in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA area. IV sedation will not make you go to sleep, but it will put you in a “twilight” state. You’ll retain the ability to respond to Dr. DeFinnis, yet you’ll experience no anxiety or discomfort. Most patients report little or no memory of their procedure.
IV sedation is ideal for people who:
- Are afraid of going to the dentist
- Have high anxiety at a dentist’s office
- Don’t like the smells and sounds of a dentist office
- Have had bad past experiences with dentists
- Have sensitive teeth
- Have a strong gag reflex, especially while undergoing dental work
- Have back or neck pains when sitting for a long time
- Have trouble keeping their mouth open for a long time or experience jaw soreness when doing so
- Need their wisdom teeth removed
- Have trouble getting or staying numb by anesthesia
IV sedation can help calm your nerves and allow you to feel comfortable in Dr. DeFinnis’ dental office. For more information on IV sedation or the services that Back Mountain Sedation Dental offers, call Dr. James DeFinnis at570-763-4360 and make an appointment today at our Trucksville, PA office. We serve patients from Back Mountain to Scranton to Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can also visit our website at www.backmountaindental.com.